Baking steel to cook pizza in your home oven in a few minutes, with results comparable to a professional oven.
The plate measures 40x35 cm and is made of certified 4 mm thick stainless steel, with a much higher heat conduction capacity than the common refractory stone or aluminum.
Absorbs, stores and transfers heat ensuring optimal and uniform cooking; it is ideal for pizza and bread products in general, and other foods such as meat, fish, vegetables, etc.
The baking steel is embellished with the lasered logo "Amica by Gi.Metal" which makes it unique.
100% Made in Italy
Advantages over standard firestone
- 10 times higher thermal conductivity
- steel is an indestructible material, resistant to impact and thermal shock
- very simple cleaning and maintenance: it can also be washed in the dishwasher
Material and technical info
Material: AISI 304 stainless steel
Dimensions: 40 x35 cm, 4 mm thick
Weight: 4.2 kg
Instructions for Use
It is recommended to place the oven rack in the center or on the highest level.
You can choose to place the baking steel with the oven off, or to insert it when the oven has reached the desired temperature. In the second case, once positioned it is advisable to wait about 15 minutes. It is recommended not to place the baking steel directly on the slab or on the bottom of the oven. For optimal cooking, set the maximum oven temperature. Depending on the type of oven, the results in terms of cooking can vary a lot.
Cleaning and maintenance
It is possible to use any detergent, including the specific one for steel. Dishwasher safe. If abrasive sponges are used, the material may be scratched.
- Wait for the baking steel to cool completely before taking it out of the oven, using the holes on the surface to pull and grab it.
- The use of the baking steel for cooking foods such as meat, fish and vegetables can lead to the formation of halos and dark spots on the surface of the plate, caused by the released fat, which in no way compromise performance.
A line designed for pizza makers who prepare pizza using their home oven and search for tools that facilitate the success of an excellent pizza to be enjoyed with the family. Quality tools, light, easy to handle, without having to give up a refined and pleasant aesthetic.